Who We Are
For over 60 years, St. Bartholomew School has been educating the minds of young people.
Our challenging curriculum, combined with a balance of technology and traditional teaching methods encourages each child to strive for academic and moral excellence.
Our faculty and staff are committed to modeling and teaching the skills necessary for students to become prepared for success academically, spiritually and socially.
To ignite a fire in our hearts to courageously commit to act on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
The foundation for today's St. Bartholomew Catholic Faith Community was put into motion by a dozen Wayzata families who came together with a vision for a parish of their own. On Oct. 8, 1916, the cornerstone for the small, white stucco church was laid.
In 1955, St. Bartholomew opened the school and the first students began their educational journey during the Fall of 1956. The School Sisters of Notre Dame came from Mankato to staff the new school and taught students in grades one through six. Within three years of building the one-story school, a second floor was added.
In 1989, the church and school buildings were tied together by the addition of an expanded narthex and fellowship hall which also serves as the school gymnasium. In 2003 the lower level of the school was rennovated to include two more classrooms and the school library was moved to the lower level of the church.
In the summer of 2007 the school was renovated and updated. The renovation included the addition of a new early childhood center, library and media center, and fully renovated classrooms. Other important improvements included making the school handicapped accessible on all levels and providing a secure environment for the school. By creating this high quality learning environment, we have enhanced the daily lives of our students and are better able to prepare them for their future.
St. Bartholomew Catholic School is a member of the Minnesota Non-Public School Accreditation Association (MNSAA). An accreditation report is submitted annually with a full accreditation site visit every 7th year.